What is your next step?
God created you because He has a plan for your life (see day 1 and day 2) – but it doesn’t always feel like it. We can mess up at times, and others can cause us pain and distress, and those things can shape us. But although we are products of our past (affected by the things that have happened to us) we don’t have to be prisoners of it. God’s purpose is not limited by your past – no matter how badly you’ve messed up or how much pain someone has caused you. God turned a murderer named Moses into a leader and a coward named Gideon into a courageous hero, and He can do amazing things with the rest of your life too.
‘I know what I am planning for you… I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future.’ Jeremiah 29:11 NCV
Wonderful changes are going to happen in your life as you begin to live it on purpose for God. But what is your next step on your journey of faith?
It might be:
- handing over a difficult circumstance and asking God to deal with it
- asking God to heal a past hurt
- forgiving someone – even if they’ve not said sorry
- trusting Him in an important area of your life
- choosing to be baptised, making a public declaration of your faith
- stepping out of your comfort zone to follow Him
- finding a Christian friend or mentor to chat & pray with regularly
– what steps have I already taken on my journey of faith?
– what did I fear before taking them, and were my fears justified?
– what is my next step?
– what do I need to do to take it?
Lord, you have my heart and I will search for yours.
Jesus take my life and lead me on.
Having prayed and listened, write down what you believe your next step of faith should be. Keep it safe.